Thank you for supporting poverty relief with a gift to Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation (OACAC). We appreciate your generosity. When you donate to OACAC, you can see your gift in action, providing opportunities, education, safe and affordable housing, hope, warmth this winter, and so much more. There are three options for giving: support a campaign, a program, or make a gift to the Grant Assistance Fund. Details are below.
MO Mac & Cheese BOGO card- We hosted the first MO Mac & Cheese Fest in 2019 which was great fun and we look forward to bringing back the excitement for the 3rd annual event in 2021. We're doing things a little differently for our 2nd event, still connecting people with delicious mac & cheese. We've teamed up with some local eateries to offer a Buy One, Get One (BOGO) card. The card is valid through 10/31/21 and 100% of proceeds support poverty relief. Click here to get your BOGO card!
Head Start Smiles - Give the gift of a healthy, happy smile with a gift to the annual Head Start Smiles campaign. In 2019, Head Start helped a child who needed nearly a dozen dental visits. Click here to read about the impact the Smiles campaign made in her life and make a contribution to healthy, happy smiles.
Back to School - For many families in the Ozarks, being able to afford new school supplies is difficult. Your gift helps provide the essentials and gives children and teens a big reason to look forward to starting the school year. Click here to learn how you can sponsor a student.
These are the programs we offer to income-eligible people in SW MO.
- CSBG Neighborhood/Community Centers offer education, resources, special projects, meet emergency needs, and empower people to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Family Planning provides affordable, confidential reproductive health care to women and men.
- Foster Grandparent Program connects people age 55+ with opportunities to serve as role models and mentors, helping children in classrooms, Head Start centers, Boys & Girls Clubs, and more.
- Head Start/Early Head Start supports children, ages birth to five, as well as families, preparing for school readiness and a lifetime of learning.
- Housing Assistance provides safe, decent, affordable housing options.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program assists households who have an energy related crisis, helping to keep people warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Weatherization is a free service for homeowners and renters which provides makes homes more energy efficient, helping save in utility costs long-term.
If you'd like to support poverty relief but don't have a specific designation for your donation, a gift to the OACAC Grant Assistance Fund is a great option. Funding can be accessed by each of our programs listed above as a way to fill the gaps in services. Donations to this fund are flexible and provide a safety net.